The Fort Worth Star-Telegram wrote an article highlighting the Permian Basin and Approach Resources. Highlights include:
- "The Permian Basin is hotter now than when oil was $140 a barrel and it may be hotter now than it ever has been," said Ben Shepperd, president of the Permian Basin Petroleum Association.
- Approach Resources is placing a $100 million bet on the Permian Basin focusing on the Wolfberry trend and drilling "Wolffork" wells. These wells target the Wolfcamp and Clear Fork formations.
- The wells produce oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids from multiple formations and can potentially achieve "a two- to three-year payout."
- "The Permian Basin is undergoing a major revival. Midsize and large producers are plowing money into the Permian, through acquisitions of oil and gas properties costing hundreds of millions of dollars. Lease bonuses... are now topping $10,000 an acre."
- "I think the Permian has an extremely good future," Jim Henry said.